Become Part of the Future at
Global Cinematography Institute
"I continue to be overwhelmed by the quality of education and engagement provided by the Global Cinematography Institute. I had established a connection with a powerful ally and network of likeminded professionals backed by a robust curriculum that is second to none!"
- J.Andy Moreno, Cinematographer (Graduate of Level 1 and 2)
- Learn how to lead a crew and become a better visual storyteller at GCI "Expanded Cinematography" Courses!
- Hands-on instruction on the GCI Practical Lighting stage as part of "Lighting for Feature Films" course.
- Learn concepts and techniques for modern cinematography and image making - "Expanded Cinematography"
- Special workshops with elite working cinematographers, such as Dean Cundey, ASC (pictured).
- Study new technology affecting Cinematographers in the areas of Previs and Virtual Camera work.
- GCI Faculty Member Jay Holben (pictured) conducts camera and optics evaluations as part of GCI Level 2: Digital Cinematography
- Study the next generation of image making, with a group of like-minded individuals and faculty at the top of their field!
- Gain hands-on experience at Global Cinematography Institute using the latest Digital Technologies!
"I think GCI has pushed me to strive for even higher quality images, to explore new technologies and to think differently about the role of the cinematographer. It is very clear that the gap between traditional filmmaking and ever expanding virtual filmmaking is wide and needs to be bridged in many ways. Finding ways to bridge these gaps will make one more of an asset to the production and the budget, which will ultimately lead to more work."
- Justin Lubke, Cinematographer (Graduate of Level 1)
Special Guests for GCI's December Session - more info here
"Cinematography for Independent Films"
"Cinematography & Visual Effects"
"Collaborations in Expanded Cinematography®"
"Lighting for Feature Films"
Interview in Expanded Cinematography®:
Exclusive Three Part Interview with Friend of GCI, three-time Oscar Winner and world known Cinematographer Vittorio Storaro, ASC, AIC
In a wide ranging conversation with GCI Co-Founder Yuri Neyman, ASC, Vittorio discusses his visual influences and early career & education, as well as his outlook on the present and future of cinematography, both artistic and technical. Watch our exclusive video interview excepts here.
About Global Cinematography Institute:
How it all works
Click here to learn more about the course structure of GCI and how to become part of the next step in Expanded Cinematography®
What are students saying about Global Cinematography Institute? Click here to read what they had to say.
What we are about and how we plan to do it. Click here to learn more.
See the institute in action! Click here to view our latest news and photos.
Learn from the Best
Our mission is to bring the most highly qualified instructors with decades of industry experience. Click here to see our distinguished faculty of instructors.
Global Cinematography Institute is located in Hollywood, California.
All classes are held at a different location: Hollywood Rentals Grip & Electric Facility in Sylmar area of Los Angeles (near Burbank).